When you enable Airplane (flight) mode, all wireless radios on your phone are turned off, including the call function, data services, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi. You can still use many of your phone’s features, such as Camera when you are on an airplane or in any other area where making or receiving calls or data is prohibited.
When you disable Airplane mode, the call function is turned back on and the previous state of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi is restored.
- You can manually turn Bluetooth and Wi-Fi back on after enabling Airplane mode.
- If USB tethering is turned on, enabling Airplane mode turns it off. You need to manually turn USB tethering on after you disable Airplane mode.
- Do any of the following to turn Airplane mode on or off:
- Press and hold the Power/Lock button, and then tap Airplane mode.
- Swipe down from the status bar with two fingers to open Quick Settings. Tap Airplane mode to turn airplane mode on or off.
When enabled, the Airplane mode icon is displayed in the status bar.