To access your email and browse the Web when traveling, you may need to manually select the carrier that provides Sprint service in your location. You can find a list of carriers for each country where GSM data service is offered at sprint.com/sww. Then, follow the instructions below to select the appropriate carrier network on your phone.
Access International Data Services on GSM/UMTS Networks
To select a GSM data service carrier for a specific country:
- Swipe down from the status bar, and then tap > Mobile data.
- Tap Network mode and select GSM/UMTS Only.
- Tap Roaming, and turn it on if disabled.
- Tap the checkbox for International data roaming, and then tap .
- Tap Available GSM networks > Search for networks.
- Select a specific operator.
- Data roaming on GSM/UMTS networks is set.
Access Email and Data Services Internationally on CDMA Networks
If data service is available on an international CDMA network, then you only need to set the phone to CDMA; you will not need to select the specific carrier. Selecting a specific carrier is only necessary for providers on the GSM network. If your phone has automatically selected a GSM network while traveling, then you will need to set the phone to CDMA to access CDMA data services. (See Enable Global Roaming Mode.) Visit sprint.com/sww for a list of services available in each country.